When a potential client contacts me, these are some of the preliminary questions I am likely to ask.
1. What does your business do?
2. How long has it been operating?
3. Do you currently have a Website?
- What is or isn’t working for you on it?
- Do you want a totally new website or one that incorporates aspects of your current website?
4. Why do you want a new website?
5. What are your goals for the website?
6. What do want to include on your website?
7. What do you want your website to emphasis about your business?
8. Do you plan to sell anything directly from your website?
- How many different products or services are you planning to sell?
- Do you have images of these products?
9. Who is your target audience?
10. Do you have any brand guidelines for your business?
11. Who are you main rivals?
12. What differentiates your product or service from your competition?
13. Are there any websites with features that you would like your site to have?
14. What is your budget for this project?
15. When do you want the website built by?
So before you call or email, you might want to think about your answers to the above. Getting answers to the above will help ensure that I am on the right track to designing the best website possible for you.